Throughout the course of art history the concept of women being displayed in natural settings has been a common theme.  Women and nature have become unified as one.  Portraying women and nature in the way that many artists of the past have creates the idea that women are simply erotic subjects for the viewer to gaze at and brings into question the domination of both women and nature. By selecting works of art which portray women in natural settings and then reinventing them through photography I hope to portray women as a separate identity from nature, as independent, and as powerful.  

Presentation of Book

I am going to have my book made rather than make it myself because I want my book to look similar in structure to an art history book.  I would like to display both the original image and then my image side by side if possible.  I am going to try to make my book have somewhere from 10-15 pages.

14.7.09

Here are a few more pictures that I took this weekend. I am not sure if I like the reclining pose with the book and the glasses or the other one better. Please give me any feedback on which one you guys prefer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment