Throughout the course of art history the concept of women being displayed in natural settings has been a common theme.  Women and nature have become unified as one.  Portraying women and nature in the way that many artists of the past have creates the idea that women are simply erotic subjects for the viewer to gaze at and brings into question the domination of both women and nature. By selecting works of art which portray women in natural settings and then reinventing them through photography I hope to portray women as a separate identity from nature, as independent, and as powerful.  

Presentation of Book

I am going to have my book made rather than make it myself because I want my book to look similar in structure to an art history book.  I would like to display both the original image and then my image side by side if possible.  I am going to try to make my book have somewhere from 10-15 pages.

22.7.09

Cover: Picture will replace this

Photobucket

Page 1: Blank

Photobucket

Page 2:

Photobucket

Page 3:

Photobucket

Page 4:

Photobucket

Page 5:

Photobucket

Page 6:

Photobucket

Page 7: Picture will go here

Photobucket

Page 8: Picture will go here

Photobucket

Page 9: Picture will go here

Photobucket

Page 10: Picture will go here

Photobucket

Page 11: Picture will go here

Photobucket

Page 12: Artist Statement will go here

Photobucket

Back Cover: Picture will replace this

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. It looks good. I think it'll be really interesting to see the physical book and have to flip the book around to see some of the pictures right side up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're new photos are great! I'm assuming that it's the computer making them look pixelated? Can't wait to see more images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I like that the woman has her belly button pierced... it helps with the modern twist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur pics are looking great. im not sure if you meant to pixelate some of them but im liking the more softer look instead of the pixelation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are looking really good! The layout & cover you have chosen works really well! I can't wait to see it all finished! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your artist book is coming along quite nicely. I'm not too crazy with the photos being spread across two pages, but that could just be me. I don’t know what everyone else might think of it. Overall, great job!

    --Nick Miller

    ReplyDelete
  7. the new series is looking good. how many pages are you going to have total.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ne wpics are good but the layout could end being problematic, you will have to be very aware of binding crease.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The poses are coming along nicely. My favorite is still the back pose with the red dress. It seems to be so soothing and makes a statement. I would like to see some not so nice photos, as in a woman has some spice, too!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete