Throughout the course of art history the concept of women being displayed in natural settings has been a common theme.  Women and nature have become unified as one.  Portraying women and nature in the way that many artists of the past have creates the idea that women are simply erotic subjects for the viewer to gaze at and brings into question the domination of both women and nature. By selecting works of art which portray women in natural settings and then reinventing them through photography I hope to portray women as a separate identity from nature, as independent, and as powerful.  

Presentation of Book

I am going to have my book made rather than make it myself because I want my book to look similar in structure to an art history book.  I would like to display both the original image and then my image side by side if possible.  I am going to try to make my book have somewhere from 10-15 pages.

8.6.09

Okay, so I was super sick this weekend and had to hold off on my photoshoot but I decided to at least post some more detailed ideas for one of my selected artworks.

In this picture I am thinking of portraying the working woman. I would like to change the background of this one to something like a brick wall of a building. The woman will probably have a pencil behind her ear instead of a flower. I'm not sure if I want to portray the woman in this one as more of a hard working business woman or more of a hard working waitress type of woman. Either way I want to show this woman as a hard working individual who also embraces her beauty as a woman.

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. This is very ambitious don't let yourself get into a situation where you are forcing your idea onto the images. I can not wait to see your interpretation on this. -sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great idea. Maybe try placing a woman on an executive desk drinking wine with fine art in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Great descriptions! Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This potray is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems as if you have many great ideas for your artist’s book. I just don’t recommend that you try to photograph your subject exactly as what is in the painting. Use the painting as an example. Overall it seems as if you are going in the right direction.

    --Nick Miller

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like the planning process is going pretty well. Sorry to hear that you were sick. Hope you're feeling better. I can't wait to see the actual setups and photos. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe the pose and the context will be enough...if you plan to include the original. Maybe the original can be somewhere in the photo you are doing as art work in the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm anxious to see what you do with the photographs. Your ideas are very strong so I think the photographs will turn out really well. You have really thought this through.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still really looking forward to your actual photographs. Strong ideas, hope you achieve what you want.

    Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you probably already have, but if you havent, definitely look up some examples of artistic nude modeling to help you

    ReplyDelete
  11. The posts remind me of a commercial for Aviance perfume; I've been bad and I've been good. I am not sure if you want a serene book, but the subject might be interesting to mix it up with naughty and nice.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. All advice above is solid. I agree with it all--get better and cannot wait to see what comes out of these strong ideas!

    val

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to seeing your work. The ideas seems strong and I am eager to see your interpretation of it. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is still going great! For this picture I would probably go with the strong business woman versus the waitress. The idea of the waitress is sometimes seen as sexy and flirtatious. I look forward to the photos! Keep up the great work!

    Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds nice, I think though it would make a stronger connection to the original image if the "waitress" was behind something... instead of bushes maybe a table? i don't know... but since you're trying to recreate this image you might try to make as many visual associations as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  16. it sounds as though you have a solid idea of what you are doing.
    alex

    ReplyDelete